22.1K views

I got the sweepstakes letter to win $1.1 mil. just call the 1800 number and NO PURCHASE nessessary to enter.

So I call and wasted 10 minutes explaining to these morons that I DO NOT want any magazines I just want to enter in the sweepstakes. The woman kept giving me names of magazines and saying "pick 2" then I said " NO I do not want any magazines I just want to enter for the prize" then I was told " we have allure ,teen vogue, cosmo, good house keeping, rolling stones, pick 2" I got so pissed that I said forget it I dont want ANYTHING and hung up!

What a waste of time! They will NOT enroll you for the sweepstakes unless you buy a magazine and that is fraud to me when their letter says you dont have to buy anything!!!!

Comments

I had never heard of the "NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE" and I looked them up to find ... it's a scam!!! Don't waste your time!

to Anonymous #1615823

the better business bureau has 148 complaints right now on file ..

Bull S#%^ RIP OFF!!! After my experience with these People I would not buy any thing from them and if I saw any of their magazines on any news stands, I sure would not buy them, even though I would like the subject. RIP OFF!!!!

This information is not correct. You are enrolled in the sweepstakes with NO purchase at all. They do ask if you want magazines over and over but that doesn't mean they don't put you in the sweepstakes because I asked and they do enter you regardless of buying or not.

Very similar thing happened to me with the same company. Now today I just received another letter, only this time it's for $10,000. Obviously, they're desperate for customers.

to Yep #1605866

the very fact that I am already aware of the scams magazine companies will put people through helped me to remember the scam in the first place, but it has been a long time and I was ready to make that call, but my better mind told me to review it first. Thank God I did. FLASH BACK!!!

#1591915

AMEN These people should be tracked down and as our esteemed President says LOCK EM UP!! FOR FRAUD!!

I don't recall ever entering any sweepstakes in the first place. How did they receive my name, address etc., in the first place?

Makes you skeptical about paying bills, answering ads or even commenting on social media sites. It leaves you open for predators such as National Magazines Exchange companies to scam people with sweepstakes offers...Well!

NOT TODAY. Thank everyone for posting your results of dealing with them

I received the same mailing today 9/15/18. Will not call them at all & it's going right into the TRASH! Glad I looked up this company.

Yeah your right I just called. I didn't think about what you just said so I had to agree to get magazines

to Maribel l #1591919

ALWAYS CHECK ON ANYTHING THAT COMES IN THE MAIL PERIOD NUFF SAID!!!

This is what I got in the mail today and since I had never heard of them, I figured I would check them out and as expected, high pressure BS. And so I’m not going to waste my time with them.

I have many subscriptions but I only go with reliable companies and I don’t enter contests that I am unfamiliar with. You don’t know who you are giving your info to, it could be someone on the internet that’s in prison looking for targets.

Best to Stay Alert and Stay Away! And put these *** Scammers OUT OF BUSINESS FOR GOOD.

It was not a pushy person, it was an automation and you could not tell.

Scam, end of message.

been thru it will never get caught as retired and live on fixed income. but can simply say this lady got just as upset as i did but i'm not as polite.

The same thing happened to me. I did sign up for magazines, but sent letter to cancel as soon as I was finished. I read on the back (in very tiny print) that deadline to enter is by July 2020.

Its a big scam

If this is a scam, why are they still sending these contests out. It is obvious that you won't get anything other than ordering magazines. Has anyone ever won anything?

#1519487

If u just stayed on and kept saying none a few times they would enter u then hang up. Patience is a vertue

to Ray #1542400

How do you know that you would be entered? How are you so sure?