21.5K views

I got the sweepstakes letter to win $1.1 mil. just call the 1800 number and NO PURCHASE nessessary to enter.

So I call and wasted 10 minutes explaining to these morons that I DO NOT want any magazines I just want to enter in the sweepstakes. The woman kept giving me names of magazines and saying "pick 2" then I said " NO I do not want any magazines I just want to enter for the prize" then I was told " we have allure ,teen vogue, cosmo, good house keeping, rolling stones, pick 2" I got so pissed that I said forget it I dont want ANYTHING and hung up!

What a waste of time! They will NOT enroll you for the sweepstakes unless you buy a magazine and that is fraud to me when their letter says you dont have to buy anything!!!!

Comments

#1591915

AMEN These people should be tracked down and as our esteemed President says LOCK EM UP!! FOR FRAUD!!

I don't recall ever entering any sweepstakes in the first place. How did they receive my name, address etc., in the first place?

Makes you skeptical about paying bills, answering ads or even commenting on social media sites. It leaves you open for predators such as National Magazines Exchange companies to scam people with sweepstakes offers...Well!

NOT TODAY. Thank everyone for posting your results of dealing with them

I received the same mailing today 9/15/18. Will not call them at all & it's going right into the TRASH! Glad I looked up this company.

Yeah your right I just called. I didn't think about what you just said so I had to agree to get magazines

to Maribel l #1591919

ALWAYS CHECK ON ANYTHING THAT COMES IN THE MAIL PERIOD NUFF SAID!!!

This is what I got in the mail today and since I had never heard of them, I figured I would check them out and as expected, high pressure BS. And so I’m not going to waste my time with them.

I have many subscriptions but I only go with reliable companies and I don’t enter contests that I am unfamiliar with. You don’t know who you are giving your info to, it could be someone on the internet that’s in prison looking for targets.

Best to Stay Alert and Stay Away! And put these *** Scammers OUT OF BUSINESS FOR GOOD.

It was not a pushy person, it was an automation and you could not tell.

Scam, end of message.

been thru it will never get caught as retired and live on fixed income. but can simply say this lady got just as upset as i did but i'm not as polite.

The same thing happened to me. I did sign up for magazines, but sent letter to cancel as soon as I was finished. I read on the back (in very tiny print) that deadline to enter is by July 2020.

Its a big scam

If this is a scam, why are they still sending these contests out. It is obvious that you won't get anything other than ordering magazines. Has anyone ever won anything?

#1519487

If u just stayed on and kept saying none a few times they would enter u then hang up. Patience is a vertue

to Ray #1542400

How do you know that you would be entered? How are you so sure?

Pushy, dishonest company! Sends crap you don’t want, false charges, and will not cancel. Promises a gift card but never received one.

LMAO... I worked for them.. it's just a pitch sale lol but they do enter you in

My husband called and went through the prompts and they asked him about magazines 4 times he replied I don't read magazines. So the guy said I'll give you a 25 dollar gift card pick 3 so he did and they transfer the call to a supervisor and they asked for a credit card and i took the phone.

I said why do you need my credit card? She replied to purchase your magazines i said but it says no purchase nessicary and he doesn't want any magazines. She then said but he selected them what the experation date. I then replied no mam i am not giving you any information.

She said i understand i am a card holder as well what is your expiration date. I said no the paper says no purchase nessicary and he said he doesnt want them its a recorded line then listen to the call he doesnt want them this really seems like a scam and no further information will be given and she said your sweepstakes is finalized look us up we are a legitimate business and good bye and hung up

This is a scam for the same reasons.

I received a letter from them too.And I looked for this company and this company is not accredited by BBB.

Do not give them anything or information to them it is a scam and needs to be reported to the FBI at 614-224-1183