National Magazine Exchange SCAM!!!

61 of 110 National Magazine Exchange reviews

I got the sweepstakes letter to win $1.1 mil.just call the 1800 number and NO PURCHASE nessessary to enter.

So I call and wasted 10 minutes explaining to these morons that I DO NOT want any magazines I just want to enter in the sweepstakes. The woman kept giving me names of magazines and saying "pick 2" then I said " NO I do not want any magazines I just want to enter for the prize" then I was told " we have allure ,teen vogue, cosmo, good house keeping, rolling stones, pick 2" I got so pissed that I said forget it I dont want ANYTHING and hung up!

What a waste of time!They will NOT enroll you for the sweepstakes unless you buy a magazine and that is fraud to me when their letter says you dont have to buy anything!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 64 Yes 64
61 of 110 National Magazine Exchange reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 12 #1239742 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States

Excuse my language but that's *** how they came at me thinking imma give them my card info and everything. I kept telling them I don't Want any magazines and they keep pushing me and pushing me. They don't know who they messing with and I ain't the one to push around. What they are doing should be illegal

Ambassador of Christ

Oct 04 #1222310 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States

Yes, and the worst is that they prey mostly on unsuspecting seniors who are used to an honorable world where people never (or very seldom) tried to *** anyone. Those who did were very few and then everyone knew because it was so unusual. The scam was spread far and wide by word of mouth as there was no social media at the time. It's just horrendous. So very sad. I pray or all who are victims as well as all who are employed by such fraudulent companies/organizations.

Nov 08 #1238250 Scottsdale, Arizona, United States

By law, your representatives should be fired. I called and was told that they needed an address and phone number AND I needed to choose 2 or more magazines before my ENTRY could be completed.

Sep 28 #1219754

People please. They aren't running any lottery, they are selling magazines! If you want to try to win a lottery, then go buy a d@mn ticket at an authorized lottery dealer.

MCSO

Nov 08 #1238246 Scottsdale, Arizona, United States

When you receive a mailing for a contest to win money, it's not a lottery. When you are told you are not required purchase anything but will not be entered until you buy something, it's an illegal scam.

Sep 28 #1219734 Mobile, Alabama, United States

Same thing happened to me then I got hung up on. It has to be a scam bc I looked it up and if it was legit they wouldn require u to make any purchases

Aug 31 #1206202 Haines City, Florida, United States

You dont have to buy anything they clearly state that. Regardless when you call your automatically entered as soon as you give your id number. Its their job to read the whole script which means asking you if you want magazines a million time's

Aug 20 #1201440

This shyster company is in the business of selling magazines. Why be surprised when they try to sell them?

Son Son

Aug 10 #1197239 Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH U ON THIS TOTALLY 100 % BECAUSE THEY JUST WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR N ANSWER N THEY ARE SCAMMERS .I AM NOT SENDING THEM NO PAYMENTS AT ALL PERIOD. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO READ NO MAGAZINES N WHAT HAVE U GET RID OF THESE PEOPLES N THIS COMPANY PERIOD.I READ HOW THEY SCAMMED SO MANY INNOCENCE PPLS PERIOD.

Jul 27 #1191034 Saint Louis, Missouri, United States

I just got the same letter and called the number to enter and they said congratulations that I have been entered and the next thing I knew I was being offered magazines after magazine and I told her that I just wanted to enter the sweepstakes. I end up being transferred to another person by then I was done, so I just hung up on them.

Dec 12, 2015 #1077632

no matter what you are enrolled in the sweepstakes. it dosnt matter if you stay on for the whole convo or for two seconds, they enter you. These morons you speak of have a very tight protocol to follow and if they dont continue with their script they can be fired on the spot. it is there job it is what feeds there kids. its up to you on the other hand to hang up or continue to listen. If you become that angry then why stay on the phone? There is no reason to be rude to them!

6 0 Reply

Nov 25, 2015 #1069710

Just called right now declined all magazines and was still entered into the sweepstakes. The guy was not pushy lol but quite friendly. The woman was a fast talker but I kept asking questions regarding costs where I decided it wasn't a good deal, six times what I paid in the past

4 0 Reply

Oct 07, 2015 #1044476

I just feel that all such offers are bogus, it's too scary to take a chance, no thanks, I got a letter saying I was eligible but I am not responding to it!!

Hammerhead

Aug 26, 2015 #1025278

In the business world there are legit business and scams. However there is a grey area in-between that are semi-scams that l would put this company in. They stay just with-in the law and look for loop holes like sending letters to get around the do not call law. They victimize both their call centre workers who need a job and the semi-suckers who because they have poor education and or religious based fantasy thinking, desperately want to believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. It's hard to resist this thinking if you have been raised with it and don't have a pot to *** in or a window to throw it out of, as my grandmother used to say. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is (or has strings attached to it).

May 28, 2015 #989034

I actually work as one of the people who talk on the phone for NME. Everyone is entered into our sweepstakes regardless of you picking out magazines or not. Everyone who calls in gets an entry, it is policy. No matter how annoying we may seem to you, it's just our job. So try to be a little understanding.

4 1 Reply
NEWMEE

Feb 10, 2015 #943824

CALL THE NUMBER ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES AND WHEN THEY DO THEIR JOB AND TRY TO SELL MAGAZINES TELL THEM NO THANK YOU AND HANG-UP

5 0 Reply

1-20 of 52 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.