17.2K views

I got the sweepstakes letter to win $1.1 mil. just call the 1800 number and NO PURCHASE nessessary to enter.

So I call and wasted 10 minutes explaining to these morons that I DO NOT want any magazines I just want to enter in the sweepstakes. The woman kept giving me names of magazines and saying "pick 2" then I said " NO I do not want any magazines I just want to enter for the prize" then I was told " we have allure ,teen vogue, cosmo, good house keeping, rolling stones, pick 2" I got so pissed that I said forget it I dont want ANYTHING and hung up!

What a waste of time! They will NOT enroll you for the sweepstakes unless you buy a magazine and that is fraud to me when their letter says you dont have to buy anything!!!!

Comments

SCAM!!! DO NOT give them any of your personal info!

I received this exact same letter today, and it clearly states at the bottom of the letter that "No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning....."So yeah - sounds like a scam to me, according to what the above poster stated.

Well first of all it’s not a scam. You’re told that there isn’t any purchase or payment required to enter the sweepstakes.

All you have to say is no even if they do ask you about the magazines. It’s mandatory to enter you in the sweepstakes whether you agree to the magazines or not.

They’re doing their damn job. And if you feel like it’s a scam THEN WHY THE *** WOULD YOU CALL THEM?

to Anonymous #1479994

I got the letter and never registered for drawing, a big red flag. It's a scam to sell you magazines, wrapped in a lump sum cash payout letter. Very poor marketing and should be illegal!

They are also using the phone number 1-888-588-3928.

LIKE OTHERS, WE REC'D A LETTER FROM "NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE".

"STEP 1 CALL 1-888-588-3694

STEP 2 PROVIDE ID NUMBER: 983738752

STEP 3 CONFIRM YOUR ADDRESS"

AFTER DOING SO, I WAS THEN ASKED FOR MY VISA OR MASTERCARD NUMBER.

MY WIFE AND I HAVEN'T HAD EITHER IN 48 YRS. WHEN I TOLD HIM THIS, HE SAID, "COULD YOU REPEAT THAT PLEASE"?

I DID, HE THEN ASKED FOR MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER. AT THAT POINT I TOLD HIM THAT WAS NOT WAS ASKED FOR IN THE LETTER, AND HUNG UP.

I GUESS "NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED"; WHY THEN DO THEY ASK FOR YOUR CARD INFO? SCAM.

#1419725

I just sounds fishy to me

has anyone reported to bbbType your message here

This company sends out these notices/advertising and then blames you for calling. They take advantage of the elderly and are predatory.

Do not engage them. If you call them, be sure to tell them to do not mail or call anymore...and keep notes in case they fail to follow your request.

Remember. there are penalties for noncompliance.

P.S. I'm listing their number so people will call them to chew them out.

These cheats list themselves as being at a PO box address in Clearwater, FL. Pretty shady if you ask me.

Second time they send me these type of letters. In an unmarked envelope scaring my mother half to bits.

to Joanne #1423856

ALSO SHOWS [8285 BRYAN DAIRY ROAD SUITE 150 LARGO, FL 33777]

to Anonymous #1426680

They did this exact thing to me just now and I thought it was fishy! I’d heard about scams trying every “seemingly innocent” question to get to to say the word “YES”......

they then send your information and number to a bunch of affiliates.

Then when whoever calls your number they ask “is this ____” (your name)..... you say “YES” then they hang up and use your voice recording to say “yes” to purchases.

You can call these scammers at 1-888-588-3694. These scammers promise half a million if you buy a magazine subscription. How much you want to bet they've never awarded anyone any moneys.

#1402020

Yes this organization is a scam, they preyed on my 93 yr old father-in-law getting him to sign up for 8 magazines for 4 years.

As any1 reported these a chokes?! I got one 2,saw your comments ,called and blew a bullhorn....smh! Shame on them!

I had a similar experience, only I continued to refuse the magazinrs and she hung up on me! Really doubt I eas entered in any sweeepstakes!

Taking mine to post office and file a fraudulent charge.

Review # 28213 - the same thing happen to me. I am totally disgusted with this company.

Wasted my time on the phone call. When it says no purchase or payment required that's exactly what it should mean. This is nothing but a scam to pressure you into buying something you don't want. It didn't work with me I hung up.

Even if you tell them no they just keep talking trying to wear you down. I am going on facebook and warn people not to bother to call.

to Patti 09Z #1416541

Just hung up on them too. I said there's no way your getting any information about my credit card

***! I told them that I had a feeling this is a Scam.

to Patti 09Z #1423858