National Magazine Exchange SCAM!!!

Apr 21, 2012
review #313733

I got the sweepstakes letter to win $1.1 mil.just call the 1800 number and NO PURCHASE nessessary to enter.

So I call and wasted 10 minutes explaining to these morons that I DO NOT want any magazines I just want to enter in the sweepstakes. The woman kept giving me names of magazines and saying "pick 2" then I said " NO I do not want any magazines I just want to enter for the prize" then I was told " we have allure ,teen vogue, cosmo, good house keeping, rolling stones, pick 2" I got so pissed that I said forget it I dont want ANYTHING and hung up!

What a waste of time!They will NOT enroll you for the sweepstakes unless you buy a magazine and that is fraud to me when their letter says you dont have to buy anything!!!!

abc76e1
Had an experience with National Magazine Exchange?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Holly

Oct 14

That's the point there is no sweep stakes these people shouldn't be able to sleep at night all they want is your money for some dumb *** magazines it's all a lie!!!!

sweet potato

Sep 02 North Carolina, United States

They claim they have been trying to contact me to issue $100,000,000.00 but have not been able to reach me...well, I don't want to be entered in anything and don't want to receive any further notifications from them at all in any form! Working to intentionally scam people includes karma so GET AN HONEST JOB!!!!!

peanut butter

May 24

I have a major concern with this National Magazine Exchange company. I decided after 2 and half years to cancel my membership because I have yet to win anything with their sweepstakes. This was about a year and hlf ago, maybe two, so how about I'm still receiving magazines frm these ppl and all the magazines is in Spanish!!! I'm not spanish so why the heck would I have anything in spanish?! I've been checking my bank statements but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm going to call them asap to see what's going on. I hate that I stayed with them for so long hoping to win the sweepstakes. Smh!

none

Dec 26, 2013

12-26-13
Just want to keep everyone on targe as to the National Magazine Exchange located they said in Clearwater, Florida.. I received the "sweepstakes" letter, now it's saying $1.100,000. Stupidly I called them today--and yes, they are pushing you into "Free" magazines-- then they transfer to another person there who tells you that you will be paying for 5 (five)magazines--every week! They don't listen to your "No" but they keep talking as if you never said it. Also, they said they are sending me TWO watches and something about a $250 Walmart card". I refused it all but they never acknowledged (heard) my "NO". I called my credit card company and was told to call WHEN or IF I get any charges from this company. At that time MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY will remove any such charges and ALSO at that time--I INTEND TO MAKE SURE THAT THIS COMPANY IS BLOCKED ON MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT!!

0 1 Reply

Dec 24, 2013 Middletown, New York

I've been working here for almost 2 months. It sucks because *** call in and get pissed when we offer the magazines. News flash gotta make money somehow!! Yes you are entered the sweepstakes th moment you confirm your id number and name. That is the law. But don't get pissed about the mag pitch because we have a 4 step process we are required to follow per company policy or get fired. It's really good money and beats being on unemployment after my last job let me go because they could no longer afford me.

One of our payment plans is fully commission based but there is another that gives us a little more than min wage depending on how you do in sales and leads. We get the greater of the two.

Sage

Sep 12, 2013 Other Location, New York

The calls to my cell phone came at all hours, I asked them to stop... and it continued. Now I have a letter that I won the sweepstake...$36,666.67 payable for 30 years or immediate lump sum of $550,000.00

I wanted to know if it was a scam... and so it is according to all the posting on the internet.

anonymous

Oct 27, 2013 Franklin Park, Illinois

I have the same letter,and it looks good,but if you read the back page where it says STRIKE IT RICH V111 GRAND PRIZE CONSUMER DISCLOSURES a few words down it says YOU HAVE NOT WON YET BLA,BLA,BLA so you have to enter and the winner is to be chosen in April 2014 GOOD LUCK I will not enter myself seems like it is selling magazines

Sep 11, 2013

Once the agent says " ok your entry is complete and registered" you are entered into the sweepstakes. At that point you do have a choice of listening to and ordering magazines or just hang up!

Starr

Aug 24, 2013 Seminole, Florida

I have a friend who works for this company.FYI, you get entered into the sweepstakes before the mags are even pitched.when they confirm your phone number and address they enter and register you then it goes into the mags shortly after that. The employees have a process they have to follow,there is no purchase required but theres steps these employees HAVE to follow,they're not trying to harass you,they could care less if you purchase mags,they get paid an hrly wage not commission,its the ppl taking your cc info that gets a commission.they're not morons they are people making an honest living,not like the idiots that call everyday that won't get off their *** to get jobs.lmao.a smart person would just hang up if there not interested,its the idiots who sit there and *** n complain about it but sit through the whole pitch that gets me.I don't know how my friend could work there.I hear horror story's about the people who call in there.the employees should make more money than they do for dealing with the idiots. If I was trying to win a million bucks from someone I would listen to what they had to say whether I like it or not,why should they give you money,when you act like an *** to the employees.I wouldn't give anyone money who was rude on a recorded conversation.just saying.

Sep 18, 2013

Star you and your friend are a.. wipes cause your defending a *** up company like that you hoes need to go enroll back to school cause I can see by what type of job your doing you either didn't go to or didn't finish school now go out and make me proud and get your education and stop working for that dead end job magazine exchange where you work is what you are :grin

oldgoat

Aug 22, 2013

Received letter today. I thought it was a scam and checked my computer and it led me to here. Thank you for saving me the time and effort.

brooksie

Nov 26, 2013

This happened to me too today. I got the letter with no big heading saying what the company was; that was strike one to me. Then it was just sketchy receiving it in the first place. Also, I've never even heard of these people. So, I jumped on Google to check it out. Not that I am dumb enough to believe it, but I'm glad I educated myself on it. Some people are just too *** up to earn HONEST money these days... :upset

sexyjam

Dec 07, 2012

NME IS A WASTE OF TIME TO WORK FOR. WHICH COMPANY HAVE TRAINING EVERY MONDAY.THEY USE PPL FOR ONLY TWO WEEKS THEN PAY THEM MINIMUM WAGE AND THEN HIRE NEW PPL TO TRAIN AGAIN AND THEY JUST REPEAT THE CYCLE EVERY WEEK
SO EVERY TWO WEEKS ITS A FRESH SET OF WORKERS.THEY USE EVERYONE BOTH WORKERS AND OLD PPL INTO BUYING THEIR EXPENSIVE MAGAZNES

Jul 24, 2013 Tampa, Florida

i have worked at nme for a little over a year now so maybe you arent the salesman you thought you were.... :x

2 2 Reply

Sep 18, 2013

Maybe your a.. is the *** one hiring and firing You a.. swipe get a Life And a real honest job Instead of scamming folks In to buying that bull-s..t magazines you all are selling and for the record that's false advertising b...hes LMAOF @ You the company ,)

sexyjam

Dec 07, 2012

NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE IS A FRAUD AND A SCAM.THEY USE EMPLOYESS FOR TWO WEEKS THEN FIRE THEM BECAUSE YOU DONT FORCE OLD PPL TO BUY MAGAZINES.THEY HAVE TRAINING EVERY MONDAY BCAUSE THEY ONLY KEEP EMPLOYEE FOR TWO WEEKS.DONT!!!!!!!!!!!! WORK FOR THEM OR CALL THEM THEY GONNA USE YOU TO PRESSURE OLD PPL TO BUY MAGAZINES AND THEN OVER CHARGE YOU. THE SUPERVISORS ARE PUSHY AND THE MOMENT YOUR UPS GO DOWN THE CALLING U ASKING YOU WHY U NOT FOLLOWING PROCEDURES BECAUSE YOU NOT GETTING ANY SALES IF A OLD CUSTOMERS DOES NOT WANT ANY MAZAZINES THERE IUS NOTHING YOU CAN DO THEN THEY MAKE IT SEEMS LIKE YOU NOT LEARNING OR FOLLOWING PROCEDURES. THEY TARGET OLD PPL WHO CAN HARDLY HEAR TO PURCHASE MAGAZINES THEN THEY OVER PRICE THEM.ALL THE MEMBERS IN HR IS HEARTLESS AND LIE AND WICKED AND NEED TO BE PUT IN JAIL FOR TAKING DISADVANTAGE OF OLD PPL MY GOD THESE OLD PPL COULD BE YOU OR UR GRANDPARENTS HAVE SOME HEART NME SUPERVISORS AND HR DEPARTMENT AND MANAGERS

Jessica

Aug 21, 2012

you are enrolled into the sweepstakes , the reason they keep going on about the magazines is because tht is what they have to do , its not a scam , soon as they say ok your are now registered your are in the sweepstakes and no you dont have to purchase anything ...

Rois

Aug 09, 2012

I have been returning their mails, because the woman persuaded and compelled to purchase. She was impudent.

urmom

Jul 01, 2012

Yup, i worked for NME. After the question, how would you spend all that money? your already in the sweepstakes your the *** that wasted your own time on the phone and got pissed for nothing haha. FUNNY

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about National Magazine Exchange.
Filing a new complaint about
×