National Magazine Exchange SCAM!!!

I got the sweepstakes letter to win $1.1 mil.just call the 1800 number and NO PURCHASE nessessary to enter.

So I call and wasted 10 minutes explaining to these morons that I DO NOT want any magazines I just want to enter in the sweepstakes. The woman kept giving me names of magazines and saying "pick 2" then I said " NO I do not want any magazines I just want to enter for the prize" then I was told " we have allure ,teen vogue, cosmo, good house keeping, rolling stones, pick 2" I got so pissed that I said forget it I dont want ANYTHING and hung up!

What a waste of time!They will NOT enroll you for the sweepstakes unless you buy a magazine and that is fraud to me when their letter says you dont have to buy anything!!!!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 108 Yes 108 49 No 49
Had the same issue 60 Yes 60
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 20 #1201440

This shyster company is in the business of selling magazines. Why be surprised when they try to sell them?

Son Son

Aug 10 #1197239 Oak Creek, Wisconsin

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH U ON THIS TOTALLY 100 % BECAUSE THEY JUST WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR N ANSWER N THEY ARE SCAMMERS .I AM NOT SENDING THEM NO PAYMENTS AT ALL PERIOD. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO READ NO MAGAZINES N WHAT HAVE U GET RID OF THESE PEOPLES N THIS COMPANY PERIOD.I READ HOW THEY SCAMMED SO MANY INNOCENCE PPLS PERIOD.

Aug 04 #1194912 New Port Richey, Florida

You were entered in the sweepstakes. Whether or not you took the magazines was up to you.

0 2 Reply

Aug 20 #1201377 Niagara Falls, Ontario

this anonymous sounds like they work for the scammers

Jul 27 #1191034 Saint Louis, Missouri

I just got the same letter and called the number to enter and they said congratulations that I have been entered and the next thing I knew I was being offered magazines after magazine and I told her that I just wanted to enter the sweepstakes. I end up being transferred to another person by then I was done, so I just hung up on them.

Dec 12, 2015 #1077632

no matter what you are enrolled in the sweepstakes. it dosnt matter if you stay on for the whole convo or for two seconds, they enter you. These morons you speak of have a very tight protocol to follow and if they dont continue with their script they can be fired on the spot. it is there job it is what feeds there kids. its up to you on the other hand to hang up or continue to listen. If you become that angry then why stay on the phone? There is no reason to be rude to them!

5 0 Reply

Nov 25, 2015 #1069710

Just called right now declined all magazines and was still entered into the sweepstakes. The guy was not pushy lol but quite friendly. The woman was a fast talker but I kept asking questions regarding costs where I decided it wasn't a good deal, six times what I paid in the past

3 0 Reply

Oct 07, 2015 #1044476

I just feel that all such offers are bogus, it's too scary to take a chance, no thanks, I got a letter saying I was eligible but I am not responding to it!!

Hammerhead

Aug 26, 2015 #1025278

In the business world there are legit business and scams. However there is a grey area in-between that are semi-scams that l would put this company in. They stay just with-in the law and look for loop holes like sending letters to get around the do not call law. They victimize both their call centre workers who need a job and the semi-suckers who because they have poor education and or religious based fantasy thinking, desperately want to believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. It's hard to resist this thinking if you have been raised with it and don't have a pot to *** in or a window to throw it out of, as my grandmother used to say. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is (or has strings attached to it).

May 28, 2015 #989034

I actually work as one of the people who talk on the phone for NME. Everyone is entered into our sweepstakes regardless of you picking out magazines or not. Everyone who calls in gets an entry, it is policy. No matter how annoying we may seem to you, it's just our job. So try to be a little understanding.

3 1 Reply
NEWMEE

Feb 10, 2015 #943824

CALL THE NUMBER ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES AND WHEN THEY DO THEIR JOB AND TRY TO SELL MAGAZINES TELL THEM NO THANK YOU AND HANG-UP

4 0 Reply

Aug 20, 2015 #1022246

You Guys are nothing but a scam. Just because youre just "doing your job" doesnt mean youre not screwing people out of money.

2 0 Reply
Derbies

Nov 22, 2014 #904561 Edgewater, New Jersey

Yes i had the same experience ! What a SCAM! Where are these people that we are calling they all sound like they are from Pakistian! They sound like Arpoo from the the Simpsons! Just chuck the dam thing in the basket.

2 1 Reply

Jul 16 #1186014 Alpharetta, Georgia

Oh yeah? Then why did your ugly fat a$$ call and give your credit card? The truth is because the Pakistani who answered was smooth and sounded nothing like "Apoo from the Simpsons"(who isn't even Pakistani, but from India).
That is why your wallet flew open, but instead of getting the attention you were hoping for from the Pakistani, you got a charge on your card instead ha ha ha which is why you're bitter.
Fat boars like you are known for seeking attention from Pakistani men but when they reject you, you go on a tirade against them. Pakistani men have standards too. They're not gona go for some orangutan just because the orangutan is white. Its good you got scammed. Now go and cry yourself a river you sagging, disgusting pale albino.

Holly

Oct 14, 2014 #884624

That's the point there is no sweep stakes these people shouldn't be able to sleep at night all they want is your money for some dumb *** magazines it's all a lie!!!!

sweet potato

Sep 02, 2014 #864790 North Carolina, United States

They claim they have been trying to contact me to issue $100,000,000.00 but have not been able to reach me...well, I don't want to be entered in anything and don't want to receive any further notifications from them at all in any form! Working to intentionally scam people includes karma so GET AN HONEST JOB!!!!!

3 0 Reply
peanut butter

May 24, 2014 #819758

I have a major concern with this National Magazine Exchange company. I decided after 2 and half years to cancel my membership because I have yet to win anything with their sweepstakes. This was about a year and hlf ago, maybe two, so how about I'm still receiving magazines frm these ppl and all the magazines is in Spanish!!! I'm not spanish so why the heck would I have anything in spanish?! I've been checking my bank statements but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm going to call them asap to see what's going on. I hate that I stayed with them for so long hoping to win the sweepstakes. Smh!

none

Dec 26, 2013 #764013

12-26-13
Just want to keep everyone on targe as to the National Magazine Exchange located they said in Clearwater, Florida.. I received the "sweepstakes" letter, now it's saying $1.100,000. Stupidly I called them today--and yes, they are pushing you into "Free" magazines-- then they transfer to another person there who tells you that you will be paying for 5 (five)magazines--every week! They don't listen to your "No" but they keep talking as if you never said it. Also, they said they are sending me TWO watches and something about a $250 Walmart card". I refused it all but they never acknowledged (heard) my "NO". I called my credit card company and was told to call WHEN or IF I get any charges from this company. At that time MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY will remove any such charges and ALSO at that time--I INTEND TO MAKE SURE THAT THIS COMPANY IS BLOCKED ON MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT!!

2 1 Reply

Dec 24, 2013 #763505 Middletown, New York

I've been working here for almost 2 months. It sucks because *** call in and get pissed when we offer the magazines. News flash gotta make money somehow!! Yes you are entered the sweepstakes th moment you confirm your id number and name. That is the law. But don't get pissed about the mag pitch because we have a 4 step process we are required to follow per company policy or get fired. It's really good money and beats being on unemployment after my last job let me go because they could no longer afford me.

One of our payment plans is fully commission based but there is another that gives us a little more than min wage depending on how you do in sales and leads. We get the greater of the two.

2 4 Reply

Feb 24 #1117350

You're right to keep the job...many out there would rather get on "Welfare" Stay at home and do nothing while everything gets paid for...even the cell phones... :-( People with jobs are paying for their every need!
anonymous

1-20 of 43 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.